DISCLAIMER: THIS PATTERN APPEARS IN OUR FALL 2013 MAGAZINE ISSUE. TO DOWNLOAD AND READ THE COMPLETE FALL 2013 ISSUE, or to see Clare’s interview and her pattern again, please visit the “Magazine Issue” tab above. It is listed here because our magazine is considered an e-zine/blog so most content that appears digital will also appear legally appear here as well, including articles, photos, patterns and guides.
When a pattern is not featured in our magazine but is shown on our website, permission to use it has been approved by its designer/author. We do not feature patterns that are not legally asked for. If a pattern appears with a link only, that is because we enjoyed the pattern and are only sharing the link with you so that you can then visit the actual website that it originally appeared. That is the joy of sharing and promoting each designer we choose to feature. Thanks. -Crochet Savvy Staff
Cluster Stitch Bag/Hat Pattern by Clare Sullivan of BOBWILSON123
Designed by Clare Sullivan
Video tutorial – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO5kYGJ7tDg
Yarn (see note below)
Hook (see note below)
Scissors and yarn needle
Tape measure for hat only
4 stitch markers (bag only)
- The size of your bag will depend on the amount of yarn that you need. I used 200gm/7oz of yarn to make a small bag – I held 2 strands together
- You can use any yarn that you like.
- My bag used 2 strands of 8ply/DK/Sports weight yarn held together and a 6mm/J hook,
- You could use 1 strand of medium worsted weight yarn and a 5.5mm/I hook
- 1 strand of 8ply/DK/Sports weight yarn will need a 4mm hook
- I did 4 rows for base of bag and 7 rows of cluster stitch
- Bag and hat are started the same way – the only difference is the handles
Get the pattern here, in our Fall Magazine 2014! Also remember to check out Clare on her Youtube Channel above!